Prep Book and Supply List
Here are the four things that each Prep student needs to have purchased by start of school.
- Classics to Keep Books
- Prep Supplies
- School Readers & Agenda
- Textbook Deposit
Classics to Keep Book List
It is the tradition of Great Hearts Roosevelt to inspire students to develop a personal library of literary classics they can keep, annotate, and revisit throughout their academic careers. To this end, we encourage families to purchase these “Classics to Keep” so that students will graduate with an impressive library of literary masterpieces. Students can expect to annotate in their books for class discussion. This also serves the beautiful purpose of creating a marker for future reflection when students re-read these great classics of literature.
- Supplies must be purchased and brought to school on the first day of instruction (August 3).
- If you purchased an Prep (6th – 9th grade) EduKit by June 15th, your student’s EduKit will arrive at school and will either be distributed at Meet the Teacher Night or the first day of school. We will communicate which location by July 28 in our Family Newsletter and online.
- Link: 6th – 9th grade supply list
School Readers & Agenda
A “Reader” is a specific collection of carefully curated works or materials that the school has designed to use concurrently with teacher instruction and will be passed out in class to students. Students will use these to annotate, practice, or read. These Readers are produced at the school and cannot be purchased online or at stores. These materials include things such as, but not limited to the following:
- 9th Grade Poetry Reader: select poems to analyze and annotate
- 6th – 9th Grade Music Workbooks: school designed workbooks for students to practice theory
- 6th – 9th Grade Math Skills Practice Books
- Readers for history, lit/comp, etc.
- Agendas for assignments/homework
- Link to pay fee
For all Prep students (6th – 9th grade) at the academy, a one-time book deposit of $175 is required for textbooks that are owned by the school.
- Deposit is due with the student’s completed registration The amount must be paid in full before textbooks will be issued to students.
- Textbook deposits will roll over from year to year and are fully refundable upon a student’s graduation or withdrawal from the academy, as long as books are returned in the permitted.
- Book deposits may be paid by check or through the online payment portal. When paying by check, please remit to “Great Hearts Roosevelt” and include the student’s name and “book deposit” in the memo line.